Managed Cloud Infrastructure
Sonic Digital uses Citrix XenServer OS for server virtualization. The Xen hypervisor, the heart of XenServer, is the most prolific public and private cloud hypervisor. Architected with scale, security and multi-tenancy in mind, XenServer is compatible with a variety of cloud management products. We are currently operating on version 6.5 and kept up-to-date with the latest service packs and patches. Each Sonic Digital XenServer host has dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet connections to the private network and the internet, Intel Xeon 8-core/16-thread CPUs rated at 3.4 Ghz, and 128 GB of DDR1600 ECC-RAM.
Virtualization platforms require shared storage so Sonic Digital Inc chooses the Gluster HA file-system. A core component of the Red Hat Enterprise Storage server, GlusterFS provides a high performance, highly scale-able means to provide large distributed file systems on “off-the-shelf” hardware running Linux. Gluster enables Sonic Digital to operate our platform sans-SAN. To make this all possible, Sonic Digital developed its own proprietary configuration to make XenServer interoperate quickly and reliably with Gluster.
Sonic Digital has developed our own unique backup software, optimized for our Storage Platform, which creates storage backups daily between 4 data centers. Our software provides high speed ‘virtual full’ backups of virtual machine data and provides a full roll-back of any virtual server in under a minute. Our backups software has also been shown to provide over 400 to 1 reduction in backups data through de-duplication, compression, and cataloging.
Shared, Hybrid, and Dedicated
Our multi-tenant platform works for all clients, big and small, and offers the lowest barrier to entry for cloud computing by cooperatively sharing high-end server hardware with other clients that have similar needs. If the time comes that your systems outgrow our multi-tenant platform we can easily migrate some or all of your virtual servers to dedicated infrastructure and storage servers at any time.
Sonic Digital does not believe in metered/hourly billing plans for things such as up-time, bandwidth usage, and storage access. We think it makes budget planning for the cloud impossible, and the monthly billing too unpredictable. To us, this is a major headache to cloud consumers. Sonic Digital has developed a system of predictable monthly billing. One bill each month for everything that will always stay the same (unless of course you add or upgrade servers). Bandwidth is always free. Nowhere else can you get unmetered 10 Gigabit internet access for just $2/month per static IP address.
We have developed our very own secure, mobile-friendly,, and user-friendly management dashboard to control your virtual servers. The Dashboard provides server information, start/stop functions, and console access in a fast, straight-forward and easy to use interface.
Sonic Digital Inc, is proud to partner exclusively with OVH Internet for our dedicated infrastructure and storage servers. OVH is the 3rd largest internet hosting company in the world.
We have selected OVH based on a number of key factors about their company, such as:
- 700,000 customers worldwide
- 1000+ employees
- $435 Million in investment
- 16 countries, 18 datacenters
- 12 subsidiaries in Europe, 10 datacenters in Western Europe, 5 in Central Europe
- 1 branch in North America, 3 datacenters
- 3 subsidiaries in Africa
- 18 Million hosted applications
- 3.5 Million domain names
- 500,000 cloud storage users
- 120,000 hosted Microsoft Exchange accounts
- 30%+ growth in cloud services in 2014
- 200,000 physical servers
- 4,000+ Gigabits of bandwidth
- 150+ ISP Peers at 32 peering points of presence
- ISO/IEC 27001 certification, SOC I Type II, and SOC 2 Type II certification
- Provides unmetered dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet connections to each server
- Provides VXLANs (VLAN in VLAN) dedicated private networking
- The North American branch is located in Beauharnois, QC, CA at the site of Quebec’s 5th largest hydro-electric dam
- The entire datacenter is 100% water powered and 100% water cooled
- The facility has power, cooling, and space capacity to host 360,000+ servers